Click here to view the PDF.
Position: Marina Supervisor(s)
Classification: Seasonal, May-October 2016 (contract for up to 6 months)
Location: West Nipissing Municipal Marina – Minnehaha Bay
Hours of Work: Shift Work (Days, evenings, weekends, 35 hours per week)
Reports to: Marina Manager
- Grade 12 diploma. Post-secondary education (business administration or related field) or relevant experience in the work force will be considered an asset.
- Fluent in both official languages (oral and written).
- Effective communication skills (both written and oral).
- Working knowledge of computers, printers and general office equipment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office other commonly used software.
- Working knowledge of Internet and e-mail (ex.: e-mail, Microsoft outlook, and/or others).
- Problem solving and decision making capabilities.
- Standard First Aid, CPR certification will be considered and asset.
- Sound organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to provide great customer service in a courteous and professional manner.
- Marina and/or retail experience will be considered an asset.
- Supervisory experience will be considered an asset.
- Assist the Marina Manager with the day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Assist the Marina Manager with scheduling and prioritizing the work schedule and work activities for Marina staff.
- Communicate with boaters and provide slip assignment.
- Assist the Marina Manager with dock contracts for permanent and visiting boats and amphitheatre bookings.
- Input computer data using Word, Excel, Fuel tracking systems, and any other program required to ensure databases are kept current.
- Monitor fuel levels and fuel sales and report.
- Assist in fuelling, pump-outs and docking boats.
- Assist with the retail operation.
- Participate in all training.
- Ensure cleanliness of facility and site.
- Assist or assume a supervisory role in an Emergency Action Plan for the safety of staff, customers and the general public.
- Complete periodic inventory counts of retail store.
- Address and resolve concerns of public and boaters.
- Assist with events and activities.
- Follow all policies, procedures and guidelines practices, and Occupational Health and Safety regulations as prescribed by Council of the Municipality of West Nipissing.
- Supervise marina attendants and report any staffing issues to the Marina Manager.
- Prepare staff schedules and timekeeping as approved by the Marina Manager.
- Promote the facility and maintain high standards of professional service and work towards establishing the Marina’s reputation for services and customer relations as exemplary.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Marina Manager.
Application deadline is: 4:30 p.m. Monday, April 11th, 2016