Click here to view the PDF.
THE CORPORATION OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF WEST NIPISSING
PART-TIME MAINTENANCE (COMMUNITY SERVICES) (CUPE Local 535)
The Community Services Department is seeking to hire part time maintenance staff (CUPE local 535-01) to perform general janitorial and maintenance duties for municipal facilities such as office buildings, arenas, parks, playgrounds, pool, fitness centres, community halls, outdoor rinks, etc.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum Grade 12 education or equivalent
- Have and maintain a valid “Class G” driver’s license
- Must be of a physical condition that allows him/her to perform as a full working member of the construction/maintenance crew
- Pool operator certificate or equivalent working experience
- Ice making & maintenance certificate or equivalent working experience
- Basic refrigeration certification
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (C.P.R.), first aid & WHIMIS
- Knowledge of computers/industry operating systems
- Basic electrical, mechanical & chemical knowledge
- Ability to operate & maintain vehicles & equipment
- Problem solving capabilities
- Organization skills – time management
- Defibrillator training where required
- Ability to communicate in both official languages
- Public relations / customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to changing conditions
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team with little or no supervision
Wages: As per the Collective Agreement.
Hours of Work: 0 to 24 hours per week. Includes weekday, weeknight and weekend work
To Apply: Please forward a detailed resume quoting the relevant posting no later than 4 p.m. on Thursday, November 3rd, 2016.
Resumes can be dropped off in a sealed envelope at:
The Corporation of the Municipality of West Nipissing
Attention: Stephan Poulin, Director of Economic Development and Community Services
101-225, Holditch Street
Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 1T1
or resumes can be sent electronically to:
Stephan Poulin, Director of Economic Development and Community Services
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Note: Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine
qualifications for employment.