Click here to view the PDF.
Casual (substitute) Crossing Guard - Municipal Office (Satellite Office in Verner)
The Municipality of West Nipissing is seeking to hire a casual (substitute) Crossing Guard for the corner of Highway 64 and Principale Street in Verner, Ontario. Hours of work are from 8 a.m. to 8:45 a.m. and from 3 p.m. to 3:45 p.m. Monday to Friday, September to June, when needed.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Main duty is to safely cross all school-aged children up to and including grade 8 students
- Document and communicate all incidents and/or unsafe conditions to management, school officials and/or West Nipissing Police Service
- Must be able to extend an arm out parallel to shoulder holding a “STOP” sign (weight of approximately 1 pound) for up to one minute frequently
- Must be able to stand for a period of 45 minutes twice a day
- Be a minimum of 18 years of age
- Be able to verbally communicate in French
- Be willing to complete a Criminal Record Check
Please forward a detailed resume quoting the relevant posting no later than 4 p.m. on Friday, December 30th, 2016.
Resumes can be dropped off in a sealed envelope at:
The Corporation of the Municipality of West Nipissing
Attention: Alisa Craddock, Director of Corporate Services / Treasurer
101-225, Holditch Street
Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 1T1
or resumes can be sent electronically to:
Alisa Craddock, Director of Corporate Services / Treasurer
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Note: Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment.