THE CORPORATION OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF WEST NIPISSING
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
(6 MONTH CONTRACT WITH POSSIBLE EXTENSION)
The Municipality of West Nipissing has an opening for a Community Development Officer as part of the Community Services Department. The responsibilities associated to this position will include interacting with clients, stakeholders and community partners; work closely with community groups/local businesses and engaging in community partnerships; assisting with the day to day operations of municipal facilities such as the Sturgeon River House Museum, the West Nipissing Information Centre, etc.; assist with the planning and coordination of municipal and community events and programs.
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Minimum 2 year post-secondary diploma/degree in a related field or an equivalent combination of education and professional experience;
- Demonstrated writing and oral communications skills in both official languages;
- Exceptional computer literacy and proficiency in computer programs such as; Microsoft Office suite of products including Outlook;
- Ease and confidence in speaking with key stakeholders and community partners;
- Detail oriented and well organized with superior multi-tasking skills;
- Ability to work within a team as well as taking initiative and working with minimal supervision;
- A valid class “G” driver’s license.
To view the job description, please click on the link provided below:
Please forward a detailed resume and cover letter quoting the relevant posting no later than 4:30 p.m. on Friday, May 12th, 2017.
Resumes and cover letters can be dropped off in a sealed envelope at:
The Corporation of the Municipality of West Nipissing
Attention: Stephan Poulin, Director of Economic Development and Community Services
101-225, Holditch Street
Sturgeon Falls, ON P2B 1T1
or resumes and cover letters can be sent electronically to:
Stephan Poulin, Director of Economic Development and Community Services
We would like to thank all who apply, but only those applicants selected for an interview will be acknowledged.
Note: Personal information collected from applications is collected under the authority of the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, and will be used to determine qualifications for employment.