Building Services provides an efficient system of building permit approvals which minimize hazards to persons and property by ensuring construction within the Municipality of West Nipissing adheres to provincial and municipal regulations.
Through inspections, Building Services ensures that projects are designed and constructed in accordance with the terms and conditions of applicable municipal and legislative requirements. This section issues building, plumbing, demolition, occupancy and other permits governed by the Ontario Building Code.
Alain Bazinet, Chief Building Official / Property Standards Officer / Health and Safety Coordinator
(705) 753-2250, ext 6906
Jonny Belanger, Building Inspector
(705) 753-2250, ext 6929
Natasha Liard Bigras, Planning & Building Clerk
(705) 753-2250, ext 6949
Planning Development Services houses both Planning and Building. Planning oversees development control and zoning as well as long range community planning.
The Planning Department provides information, expertise and guidance to the public relative to development approval processes, Official Plan Policies and the Zoning By-law.
The services offered are as follows:
- Providing information to organizations and developers; consulting with those seeking or considering using planning services; responding to telephone and counter inquiries
- Maintaining a current Official Plan
- Maintaining a current comprehensive Zoning By-law
- Processing applications to approve Consent Applications, Minor Variances, Zoning By-law amendments, Official Plan amendments, subdivisions, condominiums, site plans and various agreements
- Providing compliance reports and lawyer's letters
- Providing comments to the Committee of Adjustment
- Preparing reports to Council and documents for reference by the public