Click here to view the PDF.
NOTICE OF PUBLIC MEETING
WEST NIPISSING PLANNING ADVISORY COMMITTEE
CORPORATION OF THE MUNICIPALITY OF WEST NIPISSING
TAKE NOTICE that the West Nipissing Planning Advisory Committee will hold a public meeting on Monday, November 20th, 2017 at 6 p.m. in the Library Auditorium of the West Nipissing Municipal Office (lower level, 225 Holditch Street, Sturgeon Falls) in order to consider proposed amendments to Comprehensive Zoning By-law No. 2014-45 under Section 34 of the Planning Act, RSO 1990.
THE PURPOSE AND EFFECT of the zoning amendment is as follows:
- Section 3, Definitions 3.183, 3.185 and 3.186 - to more clearly define the "required yard" as being what is required in the zoning by-law instead of from the lot line to the building;
- Section 4.2.3: The location of accessory buildings etc have been expanded to recognize them in front and exterior side yards, but not within the required yards; and in Section 220.127.116.11 and 4.2.10, the reference to requirements for two storey boathouses has been removed from the by-law, since two storey boathouses are not permitted in the Municipality;
- Section 4.10: A home industry can be permitted on a 0.4 (1 acre) hectare lot, where the original by-law required 1 hectare;
- Section 4.12: The buffer is appropriately referred to as "depth";
- Section 4.16: The provisions have been modified for non-complying buildings and structures to provide more flexibility for the replacement of such structures where physical impediments preclude or impede compliance;
- Section 5.2.6: The maximum 8 metre width for a driveway has been removed, and now the requirement is that the driveway not exceed 50% of the frontage of the lot;
- Section 5.5.2: The section on parking of boats and trailers has been modified to reflect use of utility trailers and to broaden where boats and trailers can be located on the lot;
- Table 6.3: Revised to make it clear that the reduced minimum frontage and area applies only to semi-detached dwellings;
- Table 7.2: Revised to make sure the zoning by-law does not go beyond the Building Code for residential uses in a non-residential building;
- Table 9.1: Revised to prohibit residential uses from the remnant parcels of farms where a surplus dwelling has been severed from the property;
- Table 9.3: The minimum lot area in the Rural zone has been reduced from 10 hectares to 4 hectares; and
- The schedules to the by-law have been changed to reflect previously approved surplus farm severances and zoning of the remnant parcels to A2.
ANY PERSON may attend the public meeting and/or make written or verbal representation either in support of or in opposition to the proposed Zoning By-law amendment.
PUBLIC ADVISORY If a person or public body does not make oral submissions at the public meeting or make written submissions to the Municipality of West Nipissing in respect of the proposed zoning amendment before the approval authority gives or refuses to give an approval to the zoning amendment, the person or public body is not entitled to appeal the decision of the Municipality of West Nipissing to the Ontario Municipal Board and may not be added as a party to the hearing of an appeal before the Ontario Municipal Board unless, in the opinion of the Board, there are reasonable grounds to do so.
IF YOU WISH to be notified of the decision of Committee and possible Municipal Board Hearing in respect to the proposed zoning amendment, you must make a written request to the Municipality of West Nipissing c/o Melanie Ducharme at 225 Holditch Street, Suite 101, Sturgeon Falls, Ontario, P2B 1T1.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION related to the proposed Zoning By-law amendment is available during regular hours at the offices of the Municipality of West Nipissing, 225 Holditch Street, Sturgeon Falls.
DATED at the Municipality of West Nipissing this 26th day of October, 2017.
The Corporation of the Municipality of West Nipissing
101-225 Holditch Street, Sturgeon Falls, Ontario, P2B 1T1
Tel.: 705-753-2250 Ext. 6926