Flooding Emergency Update 9
May 17, 2019 11:00 am
The Cache Bay boat launch at Park Road will be open as of noon on May 17, 2019. Due to fairly stable weather conditions and following a comprehensive site inspection, the launch is being re-opened temporarily. Residents are asked to stay off the waterways unless the purpose of their travel is to protect their shoreline properties. Municipal boat launches in Sturgeon Falls, Cache Bay (Government Dock Rd.), Verner and Lavigne remain closed until further notice. While we understand that this may be an inconvenience, the closures are necessary to ensure public safety.
Boat Launching Considerations:
- Come prepared to launch in high water levels, wear a life jacket and appropriate footwear.
- Launching will require more than one person per boat.
- Expect some vehicle congestion, please be patient with other boaters and help one another.
- Do not park vehicles and trailers within the launch area.
Boating Safety Considerations:
- Be mindful of dangerous floating debris.
- Navigate with caution and follow the 9 km/hr speed regulation.
- The slightest wake can cause damage to shoreline properties and sand bag walls.
Municipal Boat Launch Closures:
- Marina Minnehaha Bay
- Sturgeon River House Museum
- Holditch Street in Sturgeon Falls
- Cache Bay Launch on Government Dock Rd.
- St-Jean Municipal Launch
- Lavigne Municipal Launch
There are no changes to road conditions to report at this time and Road Closures remain in effect. Residents in affected areas should plan accordingly and should consider leaving their homes in the event that conditions worsen.
Emergency Services and Operations Crews continue to patrol and assess conditions daily. We will provide updates as new information becomes available.
For any flood related concerns or inquiries, contact the Municipality at 705.753.1171.
Accommodations and Assistance
Residents who or are in need of accommodations or volunteering assistance can call 705.753.1171.
Click here for updated Road Closures. Road conditions are updated as information becomes available.
100 bags per residence is available to those in need. Sand bags are available at the Sturgeon Falls Fire Station (225 Holditch Street) 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Sand bags are to be used to protect homes and wells, not secondary structures and shorelines.
Sand piles are available in areas including:
For any flood-related inquiries or concerns, please contact us at 705.753.1171.
To report an emergency please call 911.